*Professional Inquiry into content area CCLS Aligned Unit Design *
Due to demand, GCRTC is offering a second set of sessions of this course!!
Focus and materials to include all teachers 3-12! Dates have been changed!
Interfacing rigorous content area curriculum and standards with the
literacy skills students need to interact with and learn from texts,
materials, and activities in science, social studies, and English is one of
the challenges of facing all content area teachers.
The Greater Capital Region Teacher Center is sponsoring a set of
collaborative sessions investigating the use of the unit building
strategies and tools from the Literacy Design Collaborative. The
facilitator for this session is an area science teacher who has developed
modules through work with national level cohorts on the processes of
building CCSS aligned, content rich units based on rigorous student tasks,
scaffolded and differentiated skill development, and authentic assessment
The sessions will include teacher inquiry into:
· Identification of key learning outcomes in curriculum units
· Development of high level tasks designed to demonstrate the
· Alignment of expected student outcomes with CCSS literacy
· Scaffolding of learning activities for critical skill development
· Development of useful formative assessments and multiple level
uses of assessmen
· Assessment of demonstrated student learning in complex tasks
*Dates/Times:* 4:30- 6:30 PM, Wednesdays (April 17 2013; May 1, 5 & 29,
* Location:* Greater Capital Region Teacher Center, 512 Albany-Shaker Road,
Albany, NY 12211
* Facilitator:* Carol Kelly,Guilderland School Districtand
co-facilitators from the LDC project
* Fee:* None, underwritten by GCRTC / Registration required
Register now online!<https://www.mylearningplan.com/WebReg/ActivityProfile.asp?D=13206&I=1302408&H=1>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...